Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

twilight

vampirbiss und daemonenkuss
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 114 mal aufgerufen
 alles drum herum...
Dazzled Kati Offline

~*CullenFamily*~

26.06.2008 18:43
The Infernal Devices - neue Reihe von Cassandra Clare Zitat · antworten

CC hat auf ihrem Myspace Blog folgendes geschrieben

New Shadowhunters series!

Now that Publisher's Weekly has made the announcement, I can finally talk about my new series, which I am super-mega-yowza excited about! From the press release:

While The Mortal Instruments is set largely in present-day Manhattan, The Infernal Devices takes us back one hundred and forty years to the heart of Victorian England, exploring an earlier era in the history of the Shadowhunters — a time before the Accords, when Downworlder and Shadowhunters were at each other's throats. A time when orphaned teenager Tessa discovers she isn't human after all, but a warlock, capable of changing her shape to resemble anyone she desires to be. Tessa must use her power to descend into London's supernatural Downworld, where vampires stalk the gaslit streets of London, werewolves slink in the shadowy lanes of Whitechapel, and warlocks hold masquerade balls for demons and Downworlders in opium-smoke-filled ballrooms. But living in Downworld isn't simple — Tessa has to learn to trust her natural enemies, the demon-killing Shadowhunters, if she ever wants to control her powers and find her brother. Torn between the darkly gorgeous and devoted Will, a Shadowhunter hiding a deadly secret, and the brooding Jem, whose addiction to a demon drug is slowly destroying him, Tessa must draw on all her strength to save her brother and keep herself alive in this deadly new world.

I always knew I'd be done with Clary's story after City of Glass, but I wasn't done with the world of Shadowhunters and Downworlders. I wanted to do more in that world, with that mythology. On the other hand, I also always wanted to write a historical fantasy novel set in Victorian England, preferably with steampunk elements. At some point, I decided to combine the two — to write about Shadowhunters in a different city than New York, and a different time than now — a time before the Accords, when things between Shadowhunters and Downworlders were considerably less peaceful, and the Shadowhunters lacked some of the technology they employ today. Not to mention a time when there were some truly fabulous clothes, especially for men (Frock coats! Gloves! Boots! So hot!)

The first book in the series, The Clockwork Princess***, will be published in fall 2010, followed by The Clockwork Prince in fall 2011 and The Clockwork Kingdom in summer 2012. There's a ton more information on the (very basic right now) website, where you can read the full press release, and over at the fansite.

Some people have asked me if Jace, Clary and the others will be in the ID series. The answer is mainly no, because it takes place about 145 years ago. But some characters — like Magnus — who are immortal, do recur; and you'll start recognizing the names of various families, like the Lightwoods and the Waylands, and realizing their relationship to the current characters, as you read.

Anyway, I am super excited about these books and I can't wait to get started on them!

***All titles, at this early date, are subject to change.

http://www.theinfernaldevices.com/

~Before you my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there where stars - points of light & reason.
And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire, there was brilliancy, there was beauty.
When you where gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black
~

Fanart »»
 Sprung  

Xobor Ein Xobor Forum
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen