Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

twilight

vampirbiss und daemonenkuss
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 9 Antworten
und wurde 1.024 mal aufgerufen
 city of glass
Dazzled Kati Offline

~*CullenFamily*~

04.06.2008 20:03
News zum Buch Zitat · antworten

Wahh.. ich habe gerade das Cover entdeckt:

Es soll sich dabei wohl um einen neuen Charakter namens Sebastian handeln :)

Sieht super aus.. wie die anderen..klasse... *freu*

~Before you my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there where stars - points of light & reason.
And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire, there was brilliancy, there was beauty.
When you where gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black
~

Dazzled Kati Offline

~*CullenFamily*~

05.06.2008 19:40
#2 RE: News zum Buch Zitat · antworten

Der Klapptext für Buch 3 ist erschienen:

In Antwort auf:
With two of the Mortal Instruments now in Valentine's hands, the worldof the Shadowhunters teeters on the brink of civil war. Jace and theLightwoods are recalled to Idris, the Shadowhunters' remote and hiddenhome country, where a search has begun for the last of theInstruments, the Mortal Glass. When Clary breaks the Law to followJace to Idris, hoping to find the warlock who might cure her mother,she finds herself caught up in the chaos as the delicate social orderof the Nephilim begins to shatter, pitting Downworlder againstDownworlder and Shadowhunters against each other. As Clary growscloser to Sebastian, a mysterious new Shadowhunter, Jace, driven byguilt and despair, sets out on a suicide mission to kill his fatherand end the war. With the City of Glass itself under attack, canDownworlders and Nephilim fight together to defeat Valentine, or willtheir longstanding hatred destroy them all? And when Clary discoversthe unbelievable truth about her own past, can she find Jace beforeit's too late?

~Before you my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there where stars - points of light & reason.
And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire, there was brilliancy, there was beauty.
When you where gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black
~

Dazzled Kati Offline

~*CullenFamily*~

12.06.2008 21:54
#3 RE: News zum Buch Zitat · antworten

Cassandra Clare hat eine Szene aus CoG veröffentlicht.. SPOILER

In Antwort auf:

City of Glass excerpt

A June cookie. Jace and Alec, mid-book.

-------

Alec retrieved the box, pulled a chair up opposite Jace's and flung
himself down in it. "Give me your hand."
Jace held his hand out. He had to admit it looked pretty bad. All four
knuckles were split open like red starbursts. Dried blood clung to his
fingers, a flaking red-brown glove.
Alec made a face. "You're an idiot."
"Thanks," Jace said. He watched patiently as Alec bent over his hand
with a pair of tweezers and gently nudged at a bit of glass embedded
in his skin. "So, why not?"
"Why not what?"
"Why not use a healing rune? This isn't a demon injury."
"Because." Alec retrieved the blue bottle of antiseptic. "I think it
would do you good to feel the pain. You can heal like a mundane. Slow
and ugly. Maybe you'll learn something." He splashed the bitter liquid
over Jace's cuts. "Although I doubt it."
"I can always do my own healing rune, you know."
Alec began wrapping a strip of bandages around Jace's hand. "Only if
you want me to tell the Penhallows what really happened to their
window, instead of letting them think it was an accident." He jerked a
knot in the bandages tight, making Jace wince. "You know, if I'd
thought you were going to do this to yourself, I would never have told
you anything."
"Yes, you would have." Jace cocked his head to the side. "You know, I
didn't realize my attack on the picture window would upset you quite
so much."
"It's just --" Done with the bandaging, Alec looked down at Jace's
hand, the hand he was still holding between his. It was a white paw of
bandages, spotted with blood where Alec's fingers had touched it. "Why
do you do these things to yourself? Not just what you did to the
window, but the way you talked to Clary. What are you punishing
yourself for? You can't help how you feel."
Jace's voice was even. "How do I feel?"
"I see how you look at her." Alec's eyes were remote, seeing something
just past Jace, something that wasn't there. "Like she's the only real
thing in the world. And you can't have her. Maybe you just never knew
what it was like to want something you couldn't have before."
Jace looked at him steadily. "What's between you and Magnus Bane?"
Alec's head jerked back. "I don't -- there's nothing --"
"I know better," Jace said, forestalling him. "I'm not stupid. You
went right to Magnus after you talked to Malachi, before you talked to
me or Isabelle or anyone --"
"Because he was the only one who could answer my question, that's why.
There isn't anything between us," Alec said -- and then, catching the
look on Jace's face, added with great reluctance, "any more. There's
nothing between us any more. Okay?"
"I hope that's not because of me," Jace said.
Alec went white, and drew back, as if he were preparing to ward off a
blow. "What do you mean?"
"I'm not stupid," Jace said. "I know how you think you feel about me.
You don't, though. You just like me because I'm safe. There's no risk.
And then you never have to try to have a real relationship, because
you can use me as an excuse." Jace knew he was being cruel, and barely
cared. Hurting people he loved was almost as good as hurting himself
when he was in this kind of mood.
"But I do —"
"You don't," Jace said. "Fine. Go ahead. Kiss me right now."

~

Dazzled Kati Offline

~*CullenFamily*~

16.08.2008 12:57
#4 RE: News zum Buch Zitat · antworten

Weitere Spoiler :

In Antwort auf:
City of Glass excerpt 2

"But you're supposed to be in New York!" Isabelle exclaimed. "Jace said you'd changed your mind about coming. He said you wanted to stay with your mother!"
"Jace lied," Clary said flatly. "He didn't want me here, so he lied to me about when you were leaving, and then lied to you about me changing my mind. Remember when you told me he never lies? That was so not true."
"He normally never does," said Isabelle, who had gone rather pale. "Look, did you come here -- I mean, does this have something to do with Simon?"
"With Simon? No. Simon's safe in New York, thank God. Although he's going to be really pissed that I left without telling him." Isabelle's blank expression was starting to annoy Clary. "Come on, Isabelle. Let me in. I need to see Jace."
"So . . . You just came here on your own? Did you have permission from the Clave? Please tell me you had permission from the Clave." There was a pleading note in Isabelle's voice.
"Not as such --"
"You broke the Law?" Isabelle's voice rose, then dropped. She went on, almost in a whisper, "If Jace finds out, he'll freak. Clary, you've got to go home."
"No. I'm supposed to be here," Clary said, not even sure herself quite where her stubbornness was coming from. "And I need to talk to Jace."
"Now isn't a good time." Isabelle looked around anxiously, as if hoping there was someone she could appeal to to remove Clary from the premises. "Please, just go back to New York. Please?"
"I thought you liked me, Izzy." Clary went for the guilt.
Isabelle's eyes widened further. She was wearing a white dress and had her hair pinned up and looked younger than usual. Behind her Clary could see a high-ceilinged entryway hung with antique-looking oil paintings. "I do like you. It's just that Jace -- oh my God, what are you wearing? Where did you get fighting gear?"
Clary looked down at herself. "It's a long story."
"You can't come in here like that. If Jace sees you --"
"Oh, so what if he sees me? Isabelle, I came here because of my mother -- for my mother. Jace may not want me here, but he can't make me stay home. I'm supposed to be here. My mother would want me to do this for her. You'd do it for your mother, wouldn't you?"
"Of course I would," Isabelle said. "But Clary, Jace has reasons --"
"Then I'd love to hear what they are." Clary ducked under Isabelle's arm and into the house.
"Clary!" Isabelle yelped, and darted after her, but Clary was already halfway down the hall. She saw, with the half of her mind that wasn't concentrating on dodging Isabelle, that the house was build like Amatis' -- tall and narrow -- but considerably larger and more richly decorated. The hallway opened into a room with high windows that looked out over a wide canal. White boats plied the water, their sails drifting by like dandelion clocks tossed on the wind. A dark-haired boy sat on a couch by one of the windows, reading a book.
"Sebastian!" Isabelle called. "on't let her go upstairs!"
The boy looked up, startled --and a moment later was in front of Clary, blocking her path to the stairs. Clary skidded to a halt — she'd never seen anyone move that fast before, except Jace. The boy wasn't even out of breath; in fact, he was smiling at her.
"So this is the famous Clary." His smile lit up his face, and Clary felt her breath catch.
For years she'd drawn her own ongoing graphic novel, which she'd hardly ever showed to anyone, the tale of a king's son who was under a curse that meant that everyone he loved would die. She'd been awfully proud of the dark, romantic, shadowy prince she'd created — and here he was, standing in front of her: the same pale skin, the same tumbling black hair and deep-set, shadowed eyes. The same high cheekbones and black fringe of lashes. She knew she'd never set eyes on this boy before, and yet —
"I'm Sebastian Verlac." He held out his hand. "Aline's cousin."
"Sebastian!" Isabelle's hair had come out of its pins and hung down over her shoulders, and she was glaring."on't be nice to her. She's not supposed to be here. Clary, go home."

~

Dazzled Kati Offline

~*CullenFamily*~

16.08.2008 12:58
#5 RE: News zum Buch Zitat · antworten

Und auch ein August Excerpt gibt es ^^

In Antwort auf:
City of Glass August Excerpt

At the table sat Jace. He was leaning forward on his elbows, his golden hair tousled, his shirt slightly open at the neck. She could see the thick banding of black Marks tracing his collarbone. He held a cookie in one graceful hand. "Good," he said, "you're back. I was beginning to think you'd fallen into a canal."
Clary just stared at him, wordless. She wondered if he could read the anger in her eyes. He leaned back in the chair, one arm thrown casually over the back of it. If it hadn't been for the rapid pulse at the base of his throat she might almost have believed his air of unconcern.
"You look exhausted," he added. "Where have you been all day?"
"I was out with Sebastian."
"Sebastian?" Clary was momentarily gratified by his look of utter astonishment.
"He walked me home last night," Clary said, and in her mind, the words I'll just be your brother from now on, just your brother, beat like the rhythm of a damaged heart. "And so far, he's the only person in this city who's been remotely nice to me. So yes. I was out with Sebastian."
"I see." Jace set his cookie back down on the plate, his face as blank as an unpainted canvas. "Clary, I came here to apologize. I shouldn't have spoken to you the way I did."
"No," Clary said. "You shouldn't."
"I also came to ask you if you'd reconsider going back to New York."
"God," Clary said. "This again --"
"It's not safe for you here --"
"What are you worried about?" she asked tonelessly. "That they'll throw me in prison like they did with Simon?"
Jace's expression didn't change, but he rocked back in his chair, the front legs lifting off the floor, almost as if she had shoved him. "Simon --?"
"Sebastian told me what happened to him," she went on in the same toneless voice. "What you did. How you brought him here and then let him just get thrown in jail. Are you trying to get me to hate you?"
"And you trust Sebastian?" Jace asked. "You barely know him, Clary."
She stared at him. "Is it not true?"
He met her gaze, but his face had gone still. "It's true."

~

Dazzled Kati Offline

~*CullenFamily*~

07.09.2008 17:34
#6 RE: News zum Buch Zitat · antworten

Ein September Excerpt ist raus:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseac...logID=429838542

In Antwort auf:

September City of Glass excerpt

Mid-book...

"I didn't remember there being a cellar here," said Jace, staring past Clary at the gaping hole in the wall and the stairway leading down into impenetrable blackness. He raised the witchlight, and its glow bounced off the downward-leading tunnel. The walls were black and slick, made of a smooth dark stone Clary didn't recognize. The steps gleamed as if they were damp. A strange smell drifted up through the opening: dank, musty, with a weird metallic tinge that set her nerves on edge.
"What do you think could be down there?" she asked.
"I don't know." Jace moved toward the stairs; he put a foot on the top step, testing it, then shrugged as if he'd made up his mind. He began to make his way down the steps, moving carefully. Partway down, he turned and looked up at Clary. "Are you coming? You can wait up here for me if you want to."
She glanced around the empty library, then shivered and hurried after him.
The stairs spiraled down in tighter and tighter circles, as if they were making their way through the inside of a huge conch shell. The smell grew stronger as they reached the bottom, and the steps widened out into a large square room whose stone walls were streaked with the marks of damp—and other, darker stains. The floor was scrawled with markings: a jumble of pentagrams and runes, with white stones scattered here and there.
Jace took a step forward and something crunched under his feet. He and Clary looked down at the same time.
"Bones," Clary whispered. Not white stones after all, but bones of all shapes and sizes, scattered across the floor. "What was he doing down here?"
The witchlight burned in Jace's hand, casting its eerie glow over the room. "Experiments," Jace said in a dry, tense tone. "The Seelie Queen said—"
"What kind of bones are these?" Clary's voice rose. "Are they animal bones?"
"No." Jace kicked a pile of bones with his feet, scattering them. "Not all of them."
Clary's chest felt tight. "I think we should go back."
Instead Jace raised the witchlight in his hand. It blazed out, brightly and then more brightly, lighting the air with a harsh white brilliance. The far corners of the room sprang into focus.
Three of them were empty. The fourth was blocked with a hanging cloth. There was something behind the cloth, a peculiar shape—
""Jace," Clary whispered. "What is that?"
He didn't reply. There was a dagger in his free hand, suddenly; Clary didn't know when he'd drawn it, but it shone in the witchlight like a blade of ice.
"Jace, don't," said Clary, but it was too late—he strode forward and twitched the cloth aside with the tip of the dagger, then seized it and jerked it down. It fell in a blossoming cloud of dust.
Jace staggered back, the witchlight falling from his grasp. As the blazing light fell, Clary caught a single glimpse of his face: It was a white mask of horror. Clary snatched the witchlight up before it could go dark and raised it high, desperate to see what could have shocked Jace—unshockable Jace—so badly.

~

Dazzled Kati Offline

~*CullenFamily*~

14.10.2008 19:42
#7 RE: News zum Buch Zitat · antworten

Der Oktober Ausschnitt wurde veröffentlicht:

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...logID=438647465

In Antwort auf:
October cookie

This cookie contains material posted in an earlier cookie, but in this excerpt, the scene goes on much longer, and ends with a surprise...

"But you're supposed to be in New York!" Isabelle exclaimed. "Jace said you'd changed your mind about coming. He said you wanted to stay with your mother!"
"Jace lied," Clary said flatly. "He didn't want me here, so he lied to me about when you were leaving, and then lied to you about me changing my mind. Remember when you told me he never lies? That is so not true."
"He normally never does," said Isabelle, who had gone rather pale. "Look, did you come here—I mean, does this have something to do with Simon?"
"With Simon? No. Simon's safe in New York, thank God. Although he's going to be really pissed that he never got to say good-bye to me." Isabelle's blank expression was starting to annoy Clary. "Come on, Isabelle. Let me in. I need to see Jace."
"So . . . you just came here on your own? Did you have permission from the Clave? Please tell me you had permission from the Clave."
"Not as such—"
"You broke the Law?" Isabelle's voice rose, then dropped. She went on, almost in a whisper, "If Jace finds out, he'll freak. Clary, you've got to go home."
"No. I'm supposed to be here," Clary said, not even sure herself quite where her stubbornness was coming from. "And I need to talk to Jace."
"Now isn't a good time." Isabelle looked around anxiously, as if hoping there was someone she could appeal to for help in removing Clary from the premises. "Please, just go back to New York. Please?"
"I thought you liked me, Izzy." Clary went for the guilt.
Isabelle bit her lip. She was wearing a white dress and had her hair pinned up and looked younger than she usually did. Behind her Clary could see a high-ceilinged entryway hung
with antique-looking oil paintings. "I do like you. It's just that Jace—oh my God, what are you wearing? Where did you get fighting gear?"
Clary looked down at herself. "It's a long story."
"You can't come in here like that. If Jace sees you—"
"Oh, so what if he sees me. Isabelle, I came here because of my mother—for my mother. Jace may not want me here, but he can't make me stay home. I'm supposed to be here. My mother expected me to do this for her. You'd do it for your mother, wouldn't you?"
"Of course I would," Isabelle said. "But Clary, Jace has his reasons—"
"Then I'd love to hear what they are." Clary ducked under Isabelle's arm and into the entryway of the house.
"Clary!" Isabelle yelped, and darted after her, but Clary was already halfway down the hall. She saw, with the half of her mind that wasn't concentrating on dodging Isabelle, that
the house was built like Amatis's, tall and thin, but considerably larger and more richly decorated. The hallway opened into a room with high windows that looked out over a wide canal. White boats plied the water, their sails drifting by like dandelion clocks tossed on the wind. A dark-haired boy sat on a couch by one of the windows, apparently reading a book.
"Sebastian!" Isabelle called. "on't let her go upstairs!"
The boy looked up, startled—and a moment later was in front of Clary, blocking her path to the stairs. Clary skidded to a halt—she'd never seen anyone move that fast before, except
Jace. The boy wasn't even out of breath; in fact, he was smiling at her.
"So this is the famous Clary." His smile lit up his face, and Clary felt her breath catch. For years she'd drawn her own ongoing graphic story—the tale of a king's son who was under a
curse that meant that everyone he loved would die. She'd put everything she had into dreaming up her dark, romantic, shadowy prince, and here he was, standing in front of her—the same pale skin, the same tumbling black hair, and eyes so dark,
the pupils seemed to meld with the rest of the iris. The same high cheekbones and deep-set, shadowed eyes fringed with long lashes.
The boy looked puzzled. "I don't think—have we met before?"
Speechless, Clary shook her head.
"Sebastian!" Isabelle's hair had come out of its pins and hung down over her shoulders, and she was glaring. "on't be nice to her. She's not supposed to be here. Clary, go home."
With an effort, Clary wrenched her gaze away from Sebastian and shot a glare at Isabelle. "What, back to New York? And how am I supposed to get there?"
"How did you get here?" Sebastian inquired. "Sneaking into Alicante is quite an accomplishment."
"I came through a Portal," said Clary.
"A Portal?" Isabelle looked astonished. "But there isn't a Portal left in New York. Valentine destroyed them both—"
"I don't owe you any explanations," Clary said. "Not until you give me some. For one thing, where's Jace?"
"He's not here," Isabelle answered, at exactly the same time that Sebastian said, "He's upstairs."
Isabelle turned on him. "Sebastian! Shut up."
Sebastian looked perplexed. "But she's his sister. Wouldn't he want to see her?"
Isabelle opened her mouth and then shut it again. Clary could see that Isabelle was weighing the advisability of explaining her complicated relationship with Jace to the completely oblivious Sebastian against the advisability of springing an unpleasant surprise on Jace. Finally she threw her hands up in a gesture of despair. "Fine, Clary," she said, with an unusual— for Isabelle—amount of anger in her voice. "Go ahead and do whatever you want, regardless of who it hurts. You always do anyway, don't you?"
Ouch. Clary shot Isabelle a reproachful look before turning back to Sebastian, who stepped silently out of her way. She darted past him and up the stairs, vaguely aware of voices
below her as Isabelle shouted at the unfortunate Sebastian. But that was Isabelle—if there was a boy around and blame that needed to be pinned on someone, Isabelle would pin it on him.
The staircase widened into a landing with a bay-windowed alcove that looked out over the city. A boy was sitting in the alcove, reading. He looked up as Clary came up the stairs, and blinked in surprise. "I know you."
"Hi, Max. It's Clary—Jace's sister. Remember?"
Max brightened. "You showed me how to read Naruto," he said, holding out his book to her. "Look, I got another one. This one's called—"
"Max, I can't talk now. I promise I'll look at your book later, but do you know where Jace is?"
Max's face fell. "That room," he said, and pointed to the last door down the hall. "I wanted to go in there with him, but he told me he had to do grown-up stuff. Everyone's always telling me that."
"I'm sorry," Clary said, but her mind was no longer on the conversation. It was racing ahead—what would she say to Jace when she saw him, what would he say to her? Moving down the hall to the door, she thought, It would be better to be friendly, not angry; yelling at him will just make him defensive. He has to understand that I belong here, just like he does. I don't need to be protected like a piece of delicate china. I'm strong too—
She threw the door open. It was dim in the room beyond, the only light coming from a window half-covered by curtains.
Clary blinked her eyes for a moment, wondering if Max had sent her to the wrong door. Then her eyes adjusted, and she saw Jace standing in the middle of the room. He wasn't alone, though—not by a long shot. There was a dark-haired girl with him, a girl Clary had never seen before, and the two of them were locked together in a passionate embrace.

~

Dazzled Kati Offline

~*CullenFamily*~

12.11.2008 19:35
#8 RE: News zum Buch Zitat · antworten
Auch für November hat Cassandra Clare uns wieder ein Cookie bescherrt ;)

Auf myspace.com (http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...logID=446810876) schreibt sie:

November cookie(s) from City of Glass

Two cookies:

1) This is from the chapter "In the Dark Forest." Since everyone was so upset about the last cookie, I thought I'd post a scene that had a little Clary/Jace interaction in it.

----
With nothing else to do, Clary had gone to bed, but sleep had remained stubbornly out of reach. She kept seeing Valentine in her head. The way he had turned to her and said, If you knew the truth, you'd keep your mouth shut, for your brother's sake if not your own. The secrets she'd learned weighed heavily on her mind, and she wished there was someone besides Jace that she could tell them to. Under all these anxieties was the fear, constant as a heartbeat, that her mother would die. Where was Magnus?
There was a rustling sound by the curtains, and a sudden wash of moonlight poured into the room. Clary sat bolt upright, scrabbling for the seraph blade she kept on the bedside table.
"It's all right." A hand came down on hers—a slender, scarred, familiar hand. "It's me."
Clary drew her breath in sharply, and he took his hand back.
"Jace," she said. "What are you doing here? What's wrong?"
For a moment he didn't answer, and she twisted to look at him, pulling the bedclothes up around her. She felt herself flush, acutely conscious of the fact that she was wearing only
pajama bottoms and a camisole—and then she saw his expression, and her embarrassment faded.
"Jace?" she whispered. He was standing by the head of her bed, still wearing his white mourning clothes, and there was nothing light or sarcastic or distant in the way he was looking down at her. He was very pale, and his eyes looked haunted and nearly black with strain. "Are you all right?"
"I don't know," he said in the dazed manner of someone just waking up from a dream. "I wasn't going to come here. I've been wandering around all night—I couldn't sleep—and I kept finding myself walking here. To you."
Clary sat up straighter, letting the bedclothes fall down around her hips. "Why can't you sleep? Did something happen?" she asked, and immediately felt stupid. What hadn't happened?
Jace, however, barely seemed to hear the question. "I had to see you," he said, mostly to himself. "I know I shouldn't. But I had to."
"Well, sit down, then," she said, pulling her legs back to make a space for him to sit at the edge of the bed. "Because you're freaking me out. Are you sure nothing's happened?"
"I didn't say nothing happened." He sat down on the bed, facing her.
Her chest tightened. "Is there bad news? Is everything—is everyone—"
"It's not bad," said Jace, "and it's not news. It's the opposite of news. It's something I've always known, and you—you probably know it too."
"Jace," she whispered suddenly, and for no reason she could identify, she was frightened of what he was about to say. "Jace, don't —"

------

2) And now a bit with Sebastian.

"Clary—" Sebastian followed her through the weeds, but she was barely aware of his presence. Turning in a slow circle, she took it all in. The burnt, half-dead trees in what had probably once been a shady lawn stretched away down a sloping hill.
She could see the roof of what was probably another nearby manor house in the distance, just above the treeline. The sun sparked off broken bits of window glass in the one full wall that was still standing. She stepped into the ruins over a shelf of blackened stones. She could see the outline of rooms, of doorways—even a scorched cabinet, almost intact, flung on its side with smashed bits of china spilling out, mixing with the black earth.
Once this had been a real house, inhabited by living, breathing people. Her mother had lived here, gotten married here, had a baby here. And then Valentine had come and turned
it all to dust and ash, leaving Jocelyn thinking her son was dead, leading her to hide the truth about the world from her daughter. . . . A sense of piercing sadness invaded Clary. More
than one life had been wrecked in this place. She put her hand to her face and was almost surprised to find it damp: She had been crying without knowing it.
"Clary, I'm sorry. I thought you'd want to see this." It was Sebastian, crunching toward her across the rubble, his boots kicking up puffs of ash. He looked worried.
She turned to him. "Oh, I do. I did. Thank you."
The wind had picked up. It blew strands of his dark hair across his face. He gave a rueful smile. "It must be hard to think about everything that happened in this place, about Valentine, about your mother—she had real courage."
"I know," Clary said. "She did. She does."
He touched her face lightly. "So do you."
"Sebastian, you don't know anything about me."
"That's not true." His other hand came up, and now he was cupping her face.

------------------------

There will be NO COOKIE IN DECEMBER. This is because instead, there will be a holiday contest to win four copies of Glass. I'll post the rules and location in the beginning of December, and you can enter to win up until Christmas.

~

Dazzled Kati Offline

~*CullenFamily*~

06.01.2009 18:47
#9 RE: News zum Buch Zitat · antworten

Januar Cookies
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...logID=461619275

Jetzt dauert es net mehr lange bis City of Glass erscheint (März) und die Autorin ist gnäig mit ihren Cookies:
3 Stück

The January cookie for City of Glass, and it's a three-parter!

Part One: Clary in Idris.

Clary hadn't been to a graveyard since the night Simon had died, and the memory gave her a bone-deep shiver as she passed along the narrow lanes that threaded among the mausoleums like white ribbon. Someone took care of this place: The marble gleamed as if freshly scrubbed, and the grass was evenly cut. There were bunches of white flowers laid here and there on the graves; she thought at first they were lilies, but they had a spicy, unfamiliar scent that made her wonder if they were native to Idris. Each tomb looked like a little house; some even had metal or wire gates, and the names of Shadowhunter families were carved over the doors. CARTWRIGHT. MERRYWEATHER. HIGHTOWER. BLACKWELL. MIDWINTER. She stopped at one: HERONDALE.
She turned to look at Luke. "That was the Inquisitor's name."
"This is her family tomb. Now come on—it's better not to dwell on this stuff, Clary." Luke took her shoulder and moved her gently away from the tomb.
Maybe he was right, Clary thought. Maybe it was better not to think too much about death and dying right now. She kept her eyes averted as they made their way out of the necropolis. They were almost through the iron gates at the far end when she spotted a smaller mausoleum, growing like a white toadstool in the shadow of a leafy oak tree. The name above the door leaped out at her as if it had been written in lights.
FAIRCHILD.
"Clary—" Luke reached for her, but she was already gone. With a sigh he followed her into the tree's shadow, where she stood transfixed, reading the names of the grandparents and great-grandparents she had never even known she had. ALOYSIUS FAIRCHILD. ADELE FAIRCHILD, B. NIGHTSHADE. GRANVILLE FAIRCHILD. And below all those names: JOCELYN MORGENSTERN, B. FAIRCHILD.
A wave of cold went over Clary. Seeing her mother's name there was like revisiting the nightmares she had sometimes where she was at her mother's funeral and no one would tell her what had happened or how her mother had died.
"But she's not dead," she said, looking up at Luke. "She's not—"
"The Clave didn't know that," he told her gently.
Clary gasped. She could no longer hear Luke's voice or see him standing in front of her. Before her rose a jagged hillside, gravestones protruding from the dirt like snapped-off bones. A black headstone loomed up in front of her, letters cut unevenly into its face: CLARISSA MORGENSTERN, B. 1991 D. 2007. Under the words wa sa crudely drawn child's sketch of a skull with gaping eye sockets.
Clary staggered backward with a scream.

Part Two: Simon is interrogated by the new Inquisitor.

2) "Oh dear, oh dear." The Inquisitor drew his cloak around him. "I see the Lightwoods seem to have become rather fond of you, but the other members of the Clave are not so . . . understanding. You were captured by Valentine, you emerged from this confrontation with a peculiar new power you hadn't had before, and now you've found your way to the heart of Idris. You do see how it *looks*?"
If Simon's heart had still been able to beat, it would have been racing. "You think I'm a spy for Valentine."
Aldertree looked shocked. "My boy, my boy—I trust you, of course. I trust you implicitly! But the Clave, oh, the Clave, I'm afraid they can be very suspicious. We had so hoped you'd be able to help us. You see—and I shouldn't be telling you this, but I feel I can confide in you, dear boy—the Clave is in dreadful trouble."
"The Clave?" Simon felt dazed. "But what does that have to do with—"
"You see," Aldertree went on, "the Clave is split down the middle—at war with itself, you might say, in a time of war. Mistakes were made, by the previous Inquisitor and others— perhaps it's better not to dwell. But you see, the very authority of the Clave, of the Consul and the Inquisitor, is under question. Valentine always seems to be a step ahead of us, as if he knows our plans in advance. The Council will not listen to my advice or Malachi's, not after what happened in New York."
"I thought that was the Inquisitor—"
"And Malachi was the one who appointed her. Now, of course, he had no idea she would go as mad as she did—"
"But," Simon said, a little sourly, "there is the question of how it *looks*."
The vein bulged in Aldertree's forehead again. "Clever," he said. "And you're correct. Appearances are significant, and never more than in politics. You can always sway the crowd, provided you have a good story." He leaned forward, his eyes locked on Simon. "Now let me tell you a story. It goes like this. The Lightwoods were once in the Circle. At some point they recanted and were granted mercy on the grounds that they stayed out of Idris, went to New York, and ran the Institute there. Their blameless record began to win them back the trust of the Clave. But all along they knew Valentine was alive. All along they were his loyal servants. They took in his son—"
"But they didn't know—"
"Be quiet," the Inquisitor snarled, and Simon shut his mouth. "They helped him find the Mortal Instruments and assisted him with the Ritual of Infernal Conversion. When the Inquisitor discovered what they were secretly up to, they arranged to have her killed during the battle on the ship. And now they have come here, to the heart of the Clave, to spy on our plans and reveal them to Valentine as they are made, so that he can defeat us and ultimately bend all Nephilim to his will. And they have brought you with them—you, a vampire who can withstand sunlight—to distract us from their true plans: to return the Circle to its former glory and destroy the Law." The Inquisitor leaned forward, his piggy eyes gleaming. "What do you think of that story, vampire?"
"I think it's insane," said Simon. "I don't know what you're hoing to accomplish with this—"
"Hoping?" echoed Aldertree. "I don't hope, Downworlder. I know in my heart. I know it is my sacred duty to save the Clave."
"With a lie?" said Simon.
"With a story," said Aldertree. "Great politicians weave tales to inspire their people."
"There's nothing inspirational about blaming the Lightwoods for everything—"
"Some must be sacrificed," said Aldertree. His face shone with a sweaty light. "Once the Council has a common enemy, and a reason to trust the Clave again, they will come together. What is the cost of one family, weighed against all that? In fact, I doubt anything much will happen to the Lightwood children. They won't be blamed. Well, perhaps the eldest boy. But the others—"
"You can't do this," Simon said. "Nobody will believe this story."
"People believe what they want to believe," Aldertree said, "and the Clave wants someone to blame. I can give them that. All I need is you."

Part three: Since no one is happy with a cookie unless Clary and Jace are in it:'

3) Beside her Jace swore once, fiercely. There was no time to reach for another weapon; he pulled her tightly against him, his free arm wrapped around her, and with his other hand he raised Jahoel high over their heads. The light of the blade was blinding. Clary gritted her teeth—
And the wolves were on them.

------
Future cookie notes: There will be one last cookie in February. There will be no cookie in March, because in March, there will be City of Glass.

~

Dazzled Kati Offline

~*CullenFamily*~

08.02.2009 19:22
#10 RE: News zum Buch Zitat · antworten

February City of Glass Cookie
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...logID=468119027

I took a poll over on my message list about what people wanted to see in the February cookie — it was all over the place, but the majority vote was for more Jace and Clary and Sebastian. So here's a few short scenes, each with either Jace, Clary. Sebastian, or all three in them. And a little Magnus and Alec mention, too. :)

-----------------------

1) Isabelle blew out an exasperated breath. Shooting her a look, Alec said, “Sebastian, earlier today . . . Does Jace know where you went?”
“You mean that I was out with Clary?” Sebastian looked amused. “Look, it’s not a secret. I would have told Jace if I’d seen him since.”
“I don’t see why he would care.” Aline put her book aside, an edge to her voice. “It’s not like Sebastian did anything wrong. So what if he wants to show Clarissa some of Idris before she goes home? Jace ought to be pleased his sister isn’t sitting around bored and annoyed.”
“He can be very . . . protective,” Alec said after a slight hesitation.
Aline frowned. “He should back off. It can’t be good for her, being so overprotected. The look on her face when she walked in on us, it was like she’d never seen anyone kissing before. I mean, who knows, maybe she hasn’t.”

2) “Well,” said Jace, his voice heavy with sarcasm, “thanks for passing on that news the second you got here.”
“I didn’t see you the second I got here,” said Sebastian. “I saw Clary.”
“Because you were looking for her.”
“Because I needed to talk to her. Alone.” He caught Clary’s eyes again, and the intensity in them gave her pause. She wanted to tell him not to look at her like that when Jace was there, but that would sound unreasonable and crazy, and besides, maybe he actually had something important to tell her.
“Clary?”
She nodded. “All right. Just for a second,” she said, and saw Jace’s expression change: He didn’t scowl, but his face went very still. “I’ll be right back,” she added, but Jace didn’t look at her. He was looking at Sebastian.

3) The sun outside seemed especially bright after the darkness of the house. Clary stood blinking as the view swam into focus: the mountains in the distance, Wayfarer contentedly munching grass, and Sebastian immobile as a lawn statue, one hand still outstretched. She turned to Magnus. “Could you unfreeze him now, please?”
Magnus looked amused. “I was surprised when I got Sebastian’s message this morning,” he said. “Saying he was doing a favor for you, no less. How did you wind up meeting him?”
“He’s a cousin of the Lightwoods or something. He’s nice, I promise.”
“Nice, bah. He’s gorgeous.” Magnus gazed dreamily in his direction. “You should leave him here. I could hang hats on him and things.”
“No. You can’t have him.”
“Why not? Do you liiiike him?” Magnus’s eyes gleamed. “He seems to like you. I saw him going for your hand out there like a squirrel diving for a peanut.”
“Why don’t we talk about your love life?” Clary countered. “What about you and Alec?”
“Alec refuses to acknowledge that we have a relationship, and so I refuse to acknowledge him. He sent me a fire message asking for a favor the other day. It was addressed to ‘Warlock Bane,’ as if I were a perfect stranger. He’s still hung up on Jace, I think, though that relationship will never go anywhere. A problem I imagine you know nothing about . . .”
“Oh, shut up.” Clary eyed Magnus with distaste.

4) The roar of the collapse faded slowly, like smoke dissipating into the
air. It was replaced by the loud chirruping of startled birds; Clary could see them over Jace’s shoulder, circling curiously against the dark sky.
“Jace,” she said softly. “I think it’s over.”
He drew back slightly, propping himself on his elbows, and looked down at her. They were close enough that even in the darkness she could see herself reflected in his eyes; his face was streaked with soot and dirt, the collar of his shirt torn. “I lost the short sword somewhere,” he said. “And the stele’s broken.”
“It’s all right.” Without thinking, she reached up, her fingers brushing lightly through his hair. She felt him tense, his eyes darkening.
“There was grass — in your hair,” she said by way of explanation. Her mouth was dry; adrenalin sang through her veins, and not just because of the danger she’d just been in. Everything that had just happened seemed less real than what she saw in Jace’s eyes.
“You shouldn’t touch me,” he said.
Her hand froze where it was, her palm against his cheek. “Why not?”
“You know why,” he said.

----
Further cookies: There may be a tiny tiny cookie in March, but nothing significant, because in March City of Glass comes out. I'll also start cookieing from the prequels, The Infernal Devices, here every month starting in March. Hopefully you'll check them out!

~

Sprung  

Xobor Ein Xobor Forum
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen