Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

twilight

vampirbiss und daemonenkuss
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 1 Antworten
und wurde 186 mal aufgerufen
 city of glass
Dazzled Kati Offline

~*CullenFamily*~

24.05.2008 11:24
Kleine Inhaltsangabe Zitat · antworten

City of Glass ist Teil 3 der Reihe The Mortal Instruments.
Leider ist es somit auch das Ende der Trilogie.
Das Buch erscheint im Frühjahr 2009 und daher gibt es noch keine Inhaltsangabe.
Die werde ich aber hier einfügen soweit ich mehr weiß :)

~Before you my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there where stars - points of light & reason.
And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire, there was brilliancy, there was beauty.
When you where gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black
~

Dazzled Kati Offline

~*CullenFamily*~

22.09.2008 17:56
#2 RE: Kleine Inhaltsangabe Zitat · antworten

CC hat auf ihrer myspace Seite die Kapitelübersicht gepostet ;)

City of Glass chapter titles — updated list

So since right now I'm having to make a list of the chapters and their titles in order so that I could properly correct my proofs of CoG, I thought I'd post them below, along with their sources, whether it be poetry, a saying, or the text itself. Just for fun.

Chapter One: The Portal

Self-explanatory, especially if you've read the first chapter on my website.

Chapter Two: The Demon Towers of Alicante

"Those are the demon towers," Jace said, in response to Simon's unasked question. "They control the wards that protect the city. Because of them, no demon can enter Alicante."

Chapter Three: Amatis

In which we meet Amatis, a character mentioned once, briefly, in Ashes.

Chapter Four: Daylighter

Well, what else are you going to call a vampire who can walk around during the day?

Chapter Five: A Problem of Memory

In which the Inquisitor would like Simon to remember something that never actually happened.

Chapter Six: One of the Living

"A true vampire knows he is dead. He accepts his death. But you, you think you are still one of the living," said Raphael.

Chapter Seven: Bad Blood

""Everyone seemed to blanch when your name came up earlier," said Sebastian. "I gathered there was some bad blood between your brother and you."

Chapter Eight: Where Angels Fear to Tread

"Fools rush in/Where angels fear to tread" — Alexander Pope

Chapter Nine: This Guilty Blood

"I am ashamed/of these foul deeds;/Nor with this guilty blood/Sprinkled, would I pollute the innocent." —Euripedes, Hercules

Chapter Ten: Fire and Sword

"Their state
The noblest-born must abdicate;
The fairest, while with fire and sword
Come Spoilers--horde impelling horde." — William Wordsworth

Chapter Eleven: All the Host of Hell

Milton. "the hollow abyss Heard far and wide, and all the host of hell With deafening shout returned them loud acclaim."

Chapter Twelve: De Profundis

De profundis: In Latin, "out of the depths." Psalm 130 is known as "e Profundis;" it begins "Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O Lord."

Chapter Thirteen: Where There is Sorrow

Oscar Wilde. "Where there is sorrow, there is holy ground."

Chapter Fourteen: In the Dark Forest

Reference to the beginning of Dante's Inferno. "I found myself within a forest dark" — the narrator, Dante, wanders in a dark forest of confusion and grief.

Chapter Fifteen: Things Fall Apart

Yeats's famous poem "The Second Coming" : "Things fall apart/The center cannot hold"

Chapter Sixteen: Articles of Faith

Articles of faith is a general expression for statements of faith-belief all across Christianity and other religions. The Nicene Creed ("Credo in unum Deum, Patrem omnipotentem, factorum coeli et terrae") is an article of faith.

Chapter Seventeen: The Shadowhunter's Tale

This mirrors The Werewolf's Tale in book one.

Chapter Eighteen: Hail and Farewell

From a poem by Catullus. Ave Atque Vale, means hail and farewell. Shadowhunters say it when someone dies in battle.

Chapter Nineteen: Peniel

Peniel is where Jacob wrestled the angel in the Bible.

Chapter Twenty: Weighed in the Balance

"Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin" : "You are weighed in the balance, and found wanting." From the book of Daniel.

Epilogue: Across the Sky in Stars

TE Lawrence: "Because I loved you, I took these tides of men into my hands, and wrote my will across the sky in stars."

~Before you my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there where stars - points of light & reason.
And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire, there was brilliancy, there was beauty.
When you where gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black
~

Sprung  

Xobor Ein Xobor Forum
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen